Living an Ecumenical Life is, and always has been, proud to be available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, which qualifies as a Free Culture License as explained in the Definition of Free Cultural Works (free, in this case, means freedom, not cost-free; although this blog is that kind of free, too!).
The license used on this blog allows the four basic freedoms of the Definition:
- The freedom to use and perform the work.
- The freedom to study the work and apply the information.
- The freedom to redistribute copies.
- The freedom to distribute derivative works.
And only applies these three permissible restrictions:
- It does not allow others to restrict access to the work.
- It requires attribution be given to the original author and that the original license notice be retained.
- It requires that derivative works be released under the same license.
If you run a blog, please consider licensing it using one of the free licenses that meet the Definition. WordPress highly encourages you to copyright and license your blog anyway for your own protection, so if you have not done so, Creative Commons offers simple licenses at absolutely no cost that can be created in seconds, two of which (Attribution and Attribution-ShareAlike) qualify as Free Licenses under the Definition of Free Cultural Works. Protect your work and show your support for the freedom of cultural works!