It’s hard to believe that I’ve been in my first call for eleven months. Time flies when one is busy! Here are some of the major life events that have happened this past year (plus a few months):
October: Regional assignment (draft).
November: First interview.
December: Second interview.
January: Started first call at Faith Lutheran Church.
February: Officially ordained as a Pastor.
April: Officially installed at Faith Lutheran Church.
July: Niece born!
August: Officiated at first wedding.
September: First baptism (niece)!
Whew! Busy, busy year.
There have been some exciting developments at Faith Lutheran Church this past year that hold promise for the future, too:
- We started a Care Ministry to assist those needing long-term care and caregivers who need time to relax and unwind.
- The congregation’s biannual fish fry was a resounding success each time. It’s one of the best events the congregation sponsors, and always raises a good amount of money for charitable causes.
- Slowly, but surely, the youth are being challenged and called upon in the church.
- Two more ELCA churches in the area called new pastors, and the three of us are exploring ways in which we can work together.
- In addition, the priest at the local Episcopalian mission restart is super ecumenically minded and is excited to work with us on a number of inter-congregational ministries.
- We restarted both Lent and Advent midweek services.
- Sunday School was moved out of the Sunday service so that the children and youth could fully participate in worship.
2014 has been a whirlwind year, and I hope that 2015 is just as full, just as exciting, and just as God-breathed! Happy New Year!